Hampton grease band music to eat
Having been born in August of the year Music to Eat began receiving its long bout of consumer neglect, I was unfortunately in no position to slap down cash on the counter in an attempt to reverse the Hampton Grease Band’s woeful fortunes. However, 25 years later I eagerly paid the fee, though I’ll add that right up to the point of Columbia’s 2CD reissue appearing in the racks, the album and by extension the band, which featured Phillips and Harold Kelling on guitar, Mike Holbrook on bass, Jerry Fields on percussion, and Bruce Hampton on vocals, was something of a well-kept secret.
Music to Eat is the only album ever produced by avant garde rock band Hampton Grease Band . It was released in 1971. The album is a double album, which is apocryphally said to have been the second-lowest selling album in Columbia's history, second only to a yoga instructional record. This record compares with the likes of Captain Beefheart , Frank Zappa & The Mothers of Invention , and Pere Ubu .
The Swimming Pool Q's & Pylon Reenactment Society play The Vista Room ATL , on Friday, July 28. Doors at 7 ., The SPQ's will take the stage at 8 . and PRS will go on at 9:30 . Please visit The Vista Room for ticketing.
- Starborn What Does It Take The Funky Piper
- Andy Fisher Mister Cannibal
- Roosevelt Grier Fool Fool Fool Since Youve Been Gone
- Super Chick Roach Killer
- Chris Britton As I Am
- Nino Ferrer Mirza
- Con Funk Shun Touch
- Common Cold Come Down Dream World
- Yellow Magic Orchestra Rydeen Absolute Ego Dance
- OGC Bugging Out
- Die Krupps Volle Kraft Voraus
- Don Henley The Boys Of Summer
- Dennis Matumbi Rolling Down The River
- Various Orig Big Apple Production Vol II
- Johnny White Elite Band You Beach Music
- Steve Cropper With A Little Help From My Friends
- Peter Kreuder Al Di La
- Barbara Lewis Snap Your Fingers Puppy Love
- Alvin Nothing Heavy Suzy Q
- Willis Jackson Swimmin Home Baby Fruitcake I Almost Lost My Mind