Styx pieces of eight
So is a reunion with DeYoung just completely out of the question? "We already did it," says Shaw. "In retrospect, we weren't even happy working with each other in our heyday. We're just different people with different desires and different vision of how things should be. God, it was such an unhappy place. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. We're crazy, but we're not insane."
How did The Mission ’s voyage to Mars theme come to fruition?
It was kind of starting over from scratch because our longtime engineer, Gary Loizzo, had passed away in January of last year, so we weren’t ready to be in the studio recording yet.… Will Evankovich and I have been working together since he became the third guy in the Shaw Blades project that Jack Blades and I did. He would be the glue holding it all together. Will introduced me to the albums that he’d made as American Drag, and I heard all these classic rock influences. They were all fresh and so well organized and recorded that I was thinking, How can I get some of this influence in Styx?
Connect your Spotify account to your account and scrobble everything you listen to, from any Spotify app on any device or platform.
Through the late 1970s and early 1980s, the band enjoyed its greatest success. Their 1978 album Pieces of Eight found the group moving in a more straight-ahead hard-rock direction and spawned three Shaw sung hit singles " Renegade " (#16 in the US) and " Blue Collar Man (Long Nights) " (#21 in the US), plus a minor hit " Sing for the Day " that stopped just short of the Top Forty at #41.
- SOS Medalla Vestida De Negro
- Andy And The Bey Sisters Big Mamou Chanson DAmour Song Of Love
- Elvis Speedway Original Soundtrack Album
- Beans All Night Radio
- Sonny Okosun Ozziddi Fire In Soweto
- Sherwin State Of The Nation Harmonic Dance
- Miracles Come On Do The Jerk
- Fancy Chinese Eyes
- The Waterboys This Is The Sea
- Hank Williams Jr Songs My Father Left Me
- David Bowie John Im Only Dancing Again 1975
- Various Light Activity
- Masaki Vy
- The Lurkers Shadow Freak Show
- The Dave Brubeck Quartet At Carnegie Hall Part 1
- The Dickies Paranoid
- Various Up And Down The Mississippi 1926 1940
- Duke Over And Over And Over Again
- Chosen Brothers Dancing In The Rain All Things
- Evelyn Freeman Didnt It Rain You Got To Believe